Ivy Tech Community College - Lawrenceburg, IN
Local CDL Instructor
At Center for Transportation Safety (CTS), our priority is in our name – Transportation Safety. Unlike many “for public” truck driving schools, CTS, for over 20 years, has concentrated its efforts on the needs of our clients. Rather than offer “off the shelf” solutions to our clients, our courses are designed to incorporate changes to FMCSA Regulations, the client’s policies, procedures, and incident ratings. This allows our clients to have a true say in the services they are receiving. As a result, CTS offers a wide variety of commercial driver training services to both individuals and corporations operating commercial motor vehicles.
In our novice programs, our instructors work with small groups of students (3:1 or 4:1) to prepare them for their newly chosen career. Our instructors provide training that covers anything from classroom instruction to behind the wheel training. Specialty courses can require instructors to become familiar with and offer professional expertise in such topics as close quarter maneuvers, yard operations, high center of gravity, and Train the Trainer programs.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work Mon-Sat 10-hour shift.
- Manage student class with a 4:1 student / instructor ratio.
- Prepare quality training for our students to pass the minimum requirements.
- Provide behind the wheel training.
Benefits and pay range:
- 1099 Contractor
- $225.00 per day (starting pay)
- All travel arrangements are made by and paid for by the company.
- All instructors invoice for a daily per diem while traveling away from home overnight.
- All air miles and reward points accumulated while traveling for the company are yours for personal use. (They will never be used by the company for business travel.)
Requirements and Qualifications:
High school diploma.
3 years CDL Class A driving experience with manual transmission.
Become Indiana State certified to work as an instructor.
Ability to travel.
Oral / Writing Skills.
Able to stand for long periods.
- Bonus pay
- CDL Class A manual transmission: 3 years (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 100% (Required)
It takes someone special to be a teacher of any kind. Click APPLY NOW to start changing the road, one commercial driver at a time!